Preparation time: 10 min.
Pita, done differently. These pitas are 100% vegetarian and filled to the brim with aubergine, red cabbage, tomato, red onion, pesto and delicious Landana Jersey Gouda OLD. Super easy and perfect for lunch!
Ingredients for 4 pitas:
- 4 pitas
- 8 slices of Landana Jersey Gouda MATURE
- ½ aubergine
- ¼ red cabbage
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp pesto
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Finely chop the onion and cut the aubergine into slices. Briefly fry both separately in a pan, adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the pitas open and spread a layer of pesto on the inside of each pita.
- Fill the pitas with slices of Landana Jersey cheese, aubergine, onion, tomato and strips of red cabbage.
- Finally, slide the pitas into your oven for 5 minutes or give them 5 minutes in your panini press. There you are, a healthy pita!