Preparation time: 15 min.
Crispy cheese biscuits made from grated Landana Jersey Gouda OLD with black pepper. An ideal recipe to amaze your guests, because they may look complicated, but they’re as easy as can be! We like serving these cheese crisps with a summery tomato salsa dip.
Ingredients for the cheese crisps:
- 1.5 cup grated Landana Jersey Gouda OLD
Ingredients for the tomato salsa:
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1 large onion
- 15 grams of fresh coriander
- lemon juice
- black pepper
Preparing the tomato salsa:
- Chop the tomatoes, chili peppers, onion and coriander very finely.
- Add salt and lemon to taste.
- If the salsa is too wet, sieve it until it reaches your preferred thickness.
- You can serve the salsa right away! For bolder flavors, leave the salsa in the fridge for a few hours.
Preparing the cheese crisps:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- With a semi-course grater, grate 1.5 cup of Landana Jersey Gouda OLD (for a different look, use a fine or very coarse grater).
- Make small heaps of the grated Landana Jersey Gouda OLD on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make sure to leave plenty of space between the heaps, so that they won’t touch each other.
- Bake the crisps in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, depending on their thickness. Keep watching your crisps carefully at the end to avoid burning the cheese.
Serve the cheese crisps with the tomato salsa on a party platter. Enjoy!