Preparation time: 20 min. + 60 min. in oven
- 8 large jacket potatoes
- 1 wedge of Landana Jersey Gouda MILD
- ½ bunch of fresh chives
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Scrub the potatoes clean under the tap and dry them.
- Place a potato between 2 wooden ladles or between 2 cutting boards and cut it into thin, 4 mm slices. Make sure that you don’t cut all the way through the potato.
- Place your potatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper, brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the baking tray on your oven’s centre shelf and bake the potatoes for 25 minutes.
- Give them another light brush of olive oil and put them back in the oven. Now, bake them for another 15 to 25 minutes, depending on their size, until they are cooked on the inside.
- Cut the Landana Jersey cheese into slices or prepare your ready-sliced cheese.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and fill the cuts with cheese, using as much or as little as you want.
- Bake the cheese-filled potatoes for another 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and has gotten a crust.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with chopped chives and serve immediately.